As part of its policy to promote the education of candidates to gain entry to the profession, the Law Society, on recommendation of its Standing Committee on Bursaries & Sponsorships, granted bursaries to a number of students.
The recipients for 2021 are the following:
1. William Brockerhoff LLB North West University – South Africa
2. Charmandy Kandjima LLB University of Namibia
3. Winnie Katjiuongua LLB University of Namibia
4. Sepiso Victor Kamwi LLB University of Namibia
5. Tjiunavio Kambako LLB University of Namibia
6. Zinedine Maritshane LLB University of Namibia
7. Benjamen Iiyambo LLB University of Namibia
8. Mbakumua Mbuere LLB University of Cape Town – South Africa
9. Ngundauno Murorua LLB University of Namibia
10. Verikutisa Tjiposa LLB University of Namibia
The amount spent on bursaries for 2021 amounts to N$228,000.00.
It would not have been possible for the LSN to award these bursaries if not for the continued financial contributions of the Legal Practitioners’ Fidelity Fund (LPFF) and the Namibian Legal Practitioners’ Trust (NLPT).
The LPFF contributed 2/3rd of the bursary funds in the amount of N$152,000.00 and the NLPT contributed 1/3rd of the bursary funds in the amount of N$76,000.00.
We thank the NLPT and the LPFF for their continued commitment in investing in the future of our legal profession.
Below the photographs of the new bursary recipients for 2021:
Benjamen Iiyambo (1st year – UNAM), Mbakumua Mbuere (1st year – University of Cape Town), Ngundauno Murorua (1st year – UNAM), Verikutisa Tjiposa (1st year – UNAM)
|Benjamen Iiyambo||Mbakumua Mbuere||Ngundauno Murorua|
Below the photographs of the re-allocated bursary recipients for 2020:
|William Brockerhoff||Charmandy Kandjima||Winnie Katjiuongua|
|Sepiso Victor Kamwi||Tjiunavio Kambako||Zinedine Maritshane|
William Brockerhoff (2nd year – North West University), Charmandy Kandjima (2nd year – UNAM), Winnie Katjiuongua (2nd year – UNAM), Sepiso Victor Kamwi (2nd year – UNAM), Tjiunavio Kambako (2nd year – UNAM), Zinedine Maritshane (2nd year – UNAM)