The following section of Legal Practitioners Act, 15 of 1995, as amended governs the Board for Legal Education.
8. Establishment and constitution of Board for Legal Education
(1) There is hereby established a board to be known as the Board for Legal Education.
(2) The Board shall consist of-
(a) the Chief Justice, who shall be the chairperson of the Board;
(b) four persons appointed by the Minister, of whom one shall be a person employed in connection with the training of candidate legal practitioners at the Centre;
(c) one legal practitioner in the full-time service of the State appointed by the Attorney-General;
(d) the Prosecutor-General;
(e) the Dean of the Faculty of Law of the University of Namibia ; and
(f) three legal practitioners appointed by the Council.
(3) If, in the event of the appointment of a member required to be made by the Council in terms of subsection (2) (f), the Council fails to make such appointment within a period of 21 days after the despatch of a letter to it by the Minister in which it is reminded to make the appointment, the Minister may appoint any legal practitioner as the Minister thinks fit as such a member, and any such appointment by the Minister shall be deemed to have been made by the Council.
(4) Subject to section 10, the members of the Board appointed under paragraphs (b) and (f) of subsection (2) shall hold office for a period of three years, and may be reappointed at the expiration of that period.