As part of its policy to promote the education of candidates to gain entry to the profession, the Law Society, on recommendation of its Standing Committee on Bursaries, granted bursaries to a number of students.
The recipients for 2019 are the following (in alphabetical order):
1. Ms. Cara Allen LLB University of Namibia
2. Ms. Cornelia Hausiku LLB Rhodes University
3. Ms. Winnie Katjiuongua LLB University of Namibia
4. Ms. Lahja Nangolo LLB University of Namibia
5. Ms. Victoria Naunyango LLB University of South Africa
6. Mr. Ethan Sipapela LLB University of Namibia
7. Mr. Uzapo Kahuikee LLB (University of Namibia)
8. Mr. Tjiunavio Kambako LLB (University of Namibia)
9. Ms. Charmandy Kandjima LLB (University of Namibia)
The amount spent on bursaries amount to N$206,000.00.
It would not have been possible for the LSN to award these bursaries if not for the continued financial contributions of the Legal Practitioners’ Fidelity Fund (LPFF) and the Namibian Legal Practitioners’ Trust (NLPT).
The LPFF contributed 2/3 rds of the bursary funds in the amount of N$137,333.00 and the NLPT contributed 1/3rd of the bursary funds in the amount of N$68,667.00.
We thank the NLPT and the LPFF for their continued commitment in investing in the future of our legal profession.
(1st year students)