The Director of the LSN, Retha Steinmann, was elected on the Executive Committee of the International Institute of Law Association Chief Executives in 2008.
She served as an Officer at Large, then as Secretary/Treasurer and was elected as the Vice-Chairperson at the 2016 conference in Wellington, New Zealand.
According to the IILACE constitution, the Vice-Chairman is the designated Chairman-elect, a position she would have assumed in October 2018.
This happened sooner as then President left his position early in 2018 and Retha Steinmann took over as President of IILACE from 1 February 2018.
The Executive Committee, as from September 2018 conference held in Ottawa, Canada, consists of:
- Jonathan Herman – Federation of Law Societies of Canada (who was elected at the Annual General Meeting in London on 4 November 2017)
- Heidi Chu -Secretary/Treasurer – Law society of Hong Kong
- Paula Littlewood -Vice-President – Washington State Bar Association
- Retha Steinmann – President – Law Society of Namibia
- Luke Rheinberger – Law Society of Tasmania – Officer at Large (elected at the Annual General Meeting in Ottawa on 1 September 2018)
- Paul Mollerup – Association of Danish Law firms – Officer at Large
to read the full IILACE press release.